Mid Year Trading
Mid-year Update 2019
During the six months to 31 March 2019, Civica continued to maintain its successful track record of operational and financial delivery, with good progress across core markets and capabilities. This included a good trading performance, sustained project delivery and continued investment in the business including in our people and our operating platform.
We strengthened our capability and resources during the period:
- Adding more than 400 people globally since September 2018
- Supporting our team with continued investment including new development programmes underpinned by Investors in People ‘Gold’ accreditation in the UK, and ranked as one of the top 25 places to work nationally in Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards 2019
- Acquiring 4 highly complementary businesses that expand our capability across shared markets globally: leading elections and engagement specialist ERS Group (November), e-recruitment software provider Trac Systems (December), delivery management solutions firm TranSend (March) and mobile software specialist for asset inspection and maintenance Asset Edge (March).
- Launching Civica Cashless Solutions following the integration of NRS, as part of our broader Payments business, and Civica MDM (Master Data Management) which supplies customers in the UK and USA.
- Progressing further acquisition opportunities for completion during the second half of the year to 30 September 2019
- Increasing our team in Vadodara, India, to support the development of Civica’s business internationally
- Sustaining our investment in new product development and growing our position as a cloud leader, with more than 1,200 customers now using cloud-based solutions
- Launching our Innovation Partners programme in January in conjunction with leading technology analysts TechMarketView LLP.
- Appointment of former Sage Group CEO Guy Berruyer as non-executive director to strengthen the Group’s Board.
The Group continued to build on a strong market position with new and existing customers:
- Securing more than 120 major new contract wins which included software agreements with Sunderland City Council, Leeds City Council, Greater Manchester Mental Health Trust, Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust, Department of Education Western Australia and the Metropolitan Police Service.
- New programmes for our Digital division in local public services, central government and regulated markets, including the Home Office, Solicitors Regulation Authority, Scottish Police Authority and an innovative software development partnership with Nationwide Building Society.
- Increased cross-sector selling of products and services within the business, including internationally such as Housing Cx software for Anglicare in Australia following the first contract for Civica’s UK-developed Cx software going live with BaptistCare (NSW and ACT).